Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween 2010

Corey and I started our morning today by going to VV looking for costume ideas and when that failed we continued on to the malls. Hillside had a few good ideas, but I don't really feel like spending $90 on a costume that I have a good chance of making or piecing together from my own wardrobe and maybe a few other items from a second hand store. So far, here are my DIY ideas:

The Black Canary (I'd probably style it after the older costumes rather than the newest versions):

Can-can dancer:
thecoveted

A Robin. There is a running joke at Corey's house that because my name is Robyn, I make nests, eat birdseed and lay eggs...so I had thought of dressing up as my namesake. This should be easy, as all I would need would be a red dress (check) with brown cardigan or something over top, brown leggings (check) and then a mask or fun makeup with feathers in my hair:


Or perhaps, another comic book hero, the female version of Robin? Corey and I joked it would be funny if he dressed up as Batman and I as his sidekick...A less DIY idea but it could work:

source

'Babe Lincoln', which would involve buying a beard, top hat, tie and then dressing up in a miniskirt with a vest and long coat....easy enough and kinda funny:

Artemis or Athena. Easy enough, I already have the below AA dress in blue and would only need a bow and arrow and perhaps a stuffed animal as my companion for Artemis and a shield or an owl to accompany me for Athena:



Input or any other great ideas that people would want to suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment