Tuesday, November 30, 2010

dear victoria:

I would love for you to get some more snow, please

dear vancouver, the jig is up

I’ve lived in Vancouver for 17 of my 23 years, and I’ve been here for at least part of every winter. So believe me when I tell you the Vancouver Winter Naivety Complex is bullshit.

It snows at least once a year. That’s not a lot, granted, but it’s a pattern. It’s not like every time you can be surprised for real. And yet every year people panic. SNOW TIRES. SNOW PLOWS. ROAD CLOSURES. HOW WILL I GET TO WORK STOCK UP ON CANNED GOODS I DON’T EVEN HAVE A WINTER COAT etc etc. Listen guys, I know it’s fun to be like, “Can you BELIEVE it’s SNOWING?” but we know it snows. We know. So let’s all just get on board with winter and stop acting like we’ve never seen a snowflake before, because after a while it’s a tired routine.

ponymalta

No comments:

Post a Comment