Wednesday, May 4, 2011

and so it goes


I feel like this is the perfect time in my life to finally buy myself another tattoo. One that has been in my head for at least the past two years. And to perhaps acknowledge my desire to finally get it, I've searched through all of my Grandma's old letters to seek out the words "Let go and be" to accompany the feather that I want on my inner left arm. What a simple phrase, yet one that holds a lot of meaning. I've always looked up to both my Grandma and mother as two women who I feel have really embodied that phrase and made whatever life dealt them work, even though at times they may have struggled.

Last week as I was right at the beginning of all of this emotional roller-coaster, a co-worker who I share many of my tattoo passions with, suggested that perhaps this was a way to take back a bit of myself...and I agree with him. So now my question is...do I get it before Sasquatch and try to fit in an appointment next week, or do I wait till I'm back and maybe have a bit more time to heal? Because this is all happening so quickly, I almost feel like it might be better to wait. I still need to decide on a feather too...I was thinking perhaps the flight feather of an owl. Hmm...more research to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment