Monday, June 1, 2009

Floral

ALRIGHT! I've finally gotten around to posting a couple of the dresses I've altered for Kelsey; breakthrough non?

Both of these items we discovered on a lucky visit to The Patch during their 10 bones per stuffed bag of clothing sales. When you really put the effort in it is amazing what you find, and more amazing what people get rid of. Which reminds me, the next time I visit my Granny I'll be bringing home all of my mother's vintage dresses.

Anyway, on to the dresses:

The following one is a lovely flowing thing smocked at the waist with ruffles around the neckline and a decorative tie.


Seeing as Kels just wanted it chopped all I had to do was take some fabric out and hem it.


The second one I hemmed was a homemade beauty, it looked lovely as a maxi dress, but maybe not so good on us tall ladies, so hem hem away.


Et voila, c'est bon!


I adore the pattern on both, and secretly (or not so secretly) wish I had been the one to find the homemade post-maxi dress. I'd like to say Kelsey and I will swap clothing and share, but she's off to Greece and then London in less than 3 weeks for two years. Bummer. Oh well, at least now I have the excess fabric that I can make things with. I'm thinking...mini skirt with the darker fabric, and...head bands or other decorative accessories with the lighter?

No comments:

Post a Comment