Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Being Erica

This is one of those shows I sit down and watch with my mum, and enjoy it while we giggle together at the silly things the character is faced with and then reflect back later on what happens, wishing I could do what the character does for her life.

If you haven't heard of or seen the show, it's basically about a 32 year old woman who is given the chance to go back and fix her long list of regrets, and they are usually somehow related to her relationships with men and her family/friends.

I fully believe in living with your mistakes and learning from them, and a lot of this show is about that, but sometimes I really just wish I could go back in time and re-do certain things. Like bad relationships. I would consider myself pretty lucky in that department, but the most recent relationship I was in was such a joke that I still just cannot wrap my head around how I got myself into it.

The last episode especially hit the mark, as it was all about communication; something that was severely lacking in my past escapade. It's not a mind-boggling concept, but for some people it's still hard to figure out. Not putting the blame only on one person here, but I do notice that when one person loses their ability to be open, I generally start questioning my own ability to do so as well, and then the shit hits the fan - as they say.

Oh regrets. Sure I learn from you, but you also make me super bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment