Friday, May 28, 2010

24 Hour Relay for the Kids

So this weekend I'm running in the 24 hour relay for the kids here in Victoria, BC with my group, the Team Carebearz!

I'm pretty stoked to meet a bunch of people that are working towards the same great cause of sending kids with disabilities to camp for a week where they can just relax and have fun with new and old friends. Many campers look forward to going to camp all year long - it's an amazing place where they focus on each camper's abilities rather than their disabilities; where independence, self-esteem, and self-confidence are encouraged and supported by camp staff throughout the week. To send one child to camp for one week costs almost $2200.

With the support of our friends, family and community members my team is working towards reaching our goal of raising $20, 000. Right now we're at $19, 600.00, and if any of you that have come across this post are interested in the cause I would be more than grateful if you too would contribute in any way that you can!

To donate:
- Select my team name, "Team Carebearz" from the drop down list
- Select my name (Robyn Scott) from the drop down list
- Follow the links to enter your donor information and donation amount, and you're done!
- All online donations will automatically receive an electronic tax receipt. It's fast, easy, and you'll be helping to send over hundreds of BC's children with disabilities to camp this summer
- Even if it's only $1 I will super appreciate it....

Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment