Sunday, May 23, 2010

Loafers

Last week I purchased these lovely loafers from the Aldo website:


And of course, because my feet range in size from 8.5 to 9.5 Aldo's size 40 turned out to be too tiny. This frustrates me because apparently that is the equivalent of a size 10 in their world, and they would be happy to special order me an 11. I do not want an 11, I am not a size 11. Nor will it fit me. I mean, any flats I have tried on at any of the stores are always too small, and yet the same size in a heel is too big. WTF.

For the past week I have been on the search for a nice pair of loafers...and am nervous to buy online because what if the next pair of shoes I order do not fit...again?

What I really want is a nice pair of Bass shoes...either of the Wayfarer or Brookfield styles would be lovely. The Brookfields at least resemble the style that I would most like.


So...Does anyone know where I can purchase Bass shoes here in Victoria...or a good place to do so online?

1 comment:

  1. bummer about your loafers! I will totally buy them off of you unless you've already returned them I'm a 7.5 so them might fit me. I was also going to suggest that you buy them too big and have a cobbler cut a section of them out and cobble them back together. I saw it done on some mui mui pumps on line somewhere but I forget which blog.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete