Thursday, January 7, 2010

It’s been declared that the g-spot does not exist...

I remember in Sociology of Sexuality last spring discussing in class the current research that is going in to determine whether or not the g-spot does exist. My initial reaction was, "What a croc, who do these 'scientists' think they are, trying to justify that the g-spot doesn't exist? Who are they to say that I haven't had an orgasm originating from g-spot stimulation, or that neither have thousands of other women? I wonder how many of these researchers are men and just trying to justify not being able to find their lady friends g-spots."

Then further into the discussion, we also discussed the women who feel that they don't have a g-spot and the other sides to the arguments surrounding whether or not this is a mythical or real thing.

Essentially I came to the conclusion that perhaps the g-spot is all a psychological thing, that some women perceive an increased stimulation and excitement leading to an orgasm. I suppose I'm open to other people's opinions, and do agree that by saying there is a definite g-spot, it may make women who are unable to attain g-spot stimulation (or 'don't have one') feel dysfunctional, but a similar argument can be made regarding scientists who are trying to tell women that we don't have one, they never existed and never will, in terms of disqualifying our experiences.

I maintain that indeed I do have a g-spot, that I gain pleasure from its stimulation, and will continue to enjoy foreplay and sex because of it. Ultimately, I think people need to keep science out of the bedroom and our sexual lives (to a point, because knowing about the HIV and where our organs are and how they work is essential), because it puts a limit on what we then experience or allow ourselves to experience. AND because I think every woman should have the opportunity to experience the gloriousness that is a g-spot orgasm.

PS: This rant all originated from a post over at filthygorgeousthings: "Does the G Spot Exist? Fuck Yeah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment