Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hockey


For anyone who has not heard of this band and enjoys upbeat music with a hectic feel to it, you should really check them out. It's the type of music I put on when I'm getting ready to go out, or play when I am having a dance party in my room. Totally infectious.

I first came across these lads while at Sasquatch while waiting for...St. Vincent I think...and was blown away by their raditude. It was nothing short of a pleasure to watch them, they ended up being one of my favourite performances. I thoroughly enjoy watching a lead singer who has charisma and gets the rest of the band and audience revved up; these boys know how to perform, how many lead singers do you know that will join in on drums and wail away on them alongside the drummer? I think it was pretty much that situation that sold me on them.

Since Sasquatch they have played Glastonbury, T in the Park, Bonnaroo, and the Hove Festival. Follow that with the release of the first album, Mind Chaos, and it's been a good year for them.

So seriously now, go check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment